Re: Yoko 509s

>Leo Dennis wrote:  I'm thinking of replacing my worn-out 205/60HR14
>Goodyear Eagle HP's with Yoko A509's...

I've got 509s on my 320i and really like them.  I've had many different HR
and VR rated tires over the years and the 509s are a good compromise between
performance and $.  They're real good in the dry, good in the wet, quiet,
comfortable, and let you know early enough that you are reaching their
adhesion limits.  There are other factors like slip angle, the condition of
your suspension, and you, that will affect how the tire/car performs.

But, they are not a winter tire and I have snows for the winter.  Before
going to a 225 width, what's your objective?  BMWs are known for their
balance.  If you change to a tire with a larger contact patch, do you have
enough engine torque to balance/overcome the extra grip?  The bigger tire
will be slightly heavier and the size you stated will also be a taller tire
so your speedometer will read slower than your actual speed.

Jerry