RE: Helmet Stuff

The slightly extra weight of non-kevlar will not affect yanking your neck
off as long as you also use a neck collar / helmet support, considered
mandatory.

A tip, depending on your needs (ex: CCA), I prefer to buy a previous year
certification (90) at sometimes less than half the price of a current one
(95), and after getting it smelly stinky replace it new in 5 years with the
next cert. rather than keeping a (95) longer.

Gary Lin  National Capital Ch.
> >>Bubba Duane wrote:
> >> No need to spent the money on Kevlar, unless you just want to and are
> >> feeling rich. They're lighter - but that doesn't come into play much in
> 20
> >> minutes sessions at Driver's Schools.
>
> >Ron Katona replied:
> >If you're looking strictly at a comfort/fatigue factor, then I'd agree.
> >However, the 20 minutes of track session is not nearly as important as
> >the 20 milliseconds of impact when your non-strapped-in head wants to
> >separate from your strapped in body.

George asked: