RE:re: re: Helmet Stuff

>>Bubba Duane wrote:
>> No need to spent the money on Kevlar, unless you just want to and are
>> feeling rich. They're lighter - but that doesn't come into play much in
20
>> minutes sessions at Driver's Schools.
>>
>Ron Katona replied:
>If you're looking strictly at a comfort/fatigue factor, then I'd agree.
>However, the 20 minutes of track session is not nearly as important as
>the 20 milliseconds of impact when your non-strapped-in head wants to
>separate from your strapped in body.

Okay, let's assume that one finds beheadings somewhat distasteful and messy.
If I am also looking for a helment to be used primarily in Karting and 1 to
2 BMWCCA events per year, do I still go with SA95 or an expensive kelvar
counterpart ?  has anyone used kelvar helments in karting applications ?
any suggestions are greatly appreciated.  when replying to the digest,
please CC:sdg2@domain.elided

TIA
George
'97 M3 sedan, bone stock [looking for snow wheels +tires]
[also looking for a '96+ euro 2/4 cycle kart]