Re: Accident in 540i 6 spd; Now What?

My '90 535i had a similar mishap: straight-on impact  with a Jersey
barrier at about ~10 MPH.  Front end crumpled back to the front wheel
wells, hood buckled, some frame work needed up front. Despite some
annoying problems with my insurance company (slow adjuster,
nit-picking, etc.) and the dealer (it took 12 weeks!), the reapir
itself was flawless. Looks and runs as good as new and tracks dead
straight hands off. The only visible clue is a very slight paint
mismatch - but that's to be expected given that the original paint
(Bronzit Biege) was 7 years old.

If you like the car, my advice is to get it fixed and keep it.

Joe

BTW, what's the color/interior? What would you be willing to sell it
for if you decide you can't live with a repaired car?