Dinan Badge Points (was Violet Dinan M3 northbound...)

Larry, I couldn't pass this up:

>Date: Thu, 15 Oct 1998 02:00:41 -0700 (PDT)
>From: "Larry.Cable" <Larry.Cable@domain.elided>
>Subject: Re: Hello Techno Violet Dinan M3 northbound on US101
>11.30AM 10/13
>
>> Well, I think you should tell us all what happened...I am SO curious.
>> Dave
>
>	Well, without going into the details (since I would get chastised by
>	by some) I was travelling up 101 (North, around Palo Alto) when
>	Techno-Violet M3 with a Dinan badge (requires 10 points, which
>          probably
>	means a stage III suspension, exhaust, airbox,chip etc etc just like
>          my
>	old M3 - without the attention grabbing badge) ...

OK, let me get this straight:  You have to earn POINTS to get a Dinan
badge?  You can't just go to Dinan and buy some springs or a chip and
get a Dinan badge?  The next obvious question is, how many $$$$s for
each point?

Let me think about this for a minute:  I can buy an //M badge from the
dealer and slap it on just any old car (or truck or tricycle or whatever),
but to advertise for Mr. Dinan, I have to earn points.  Well, OK, I guess he
has a performance image to uphold.

Now, kids are already ripping off BMW badges, which anyone can buy
at the dealer.  Can you imagine the black market for Dinan badges?  After
all, not just anyone can even get one.

Bimmer owners:  It's 10 PM.  Do you know where your Dinan badge is?

Scott Miller
Golden Gate Chapter
BMW CCA #44977