Accident in 540i 6 spd; Now What?

Had a nasty little accident in my '95 540i 6spd w/only 33.5k on the clock,
and now I don't know what my options are!

I was hit directly on the left front corner by a 4X4 that rode up over the
bumper. The hood buckled and pushed the right front quarter panel out. Even
damaged the ground effects below the right door. Body shop says the upper
rail was probably damaged (whatever that is).

I don't really want to own a car that's been in this kind of accident.
So......here are my questions.

Should I try and find someone that will buy the car in it's current state
(it is clearly repairable) and take the settlement from the insurance
company (no estimate yet)?

Should I have the car repaired and then sell it? I will have it repaired at
the MOST reputable shop in the area that works on tons of MBs and BMWs.

Are there folks out there that wouldn't mind owning a car that has been in
this kind of accident? I am VERY concerned about integrity and honestly and
would disclose at that I know about the car to a potential buyer.

I only purchased the 6 weeks ago at fair market value, $36k, which is well
above blue book. I assume I'm in store for a loss, but how much?

Thanks in advance for the help. As you might guess, this is a very difficult
moment....this was a very beautiful car!

Larry Simmons
lsimmons@domain.elided
www.avantcom.com