<wob> Driver maturing

I was driving my 1990 300Z on the highway in Rochester, New York approximately
125+ on an open highway, although I lost count. As I slowed down for the
offramp I passed the sheriff at 115... Luckily he was on the other side of the
guardrail. He did manage to call ahead to every sheriff in the county
though...

I was pulled over twenty minutes later while doing 50mph in a 55mph. The
sheriff told me there was an identical car with two males in it, on the
highway in question. He asked me if I was driving on that highway about 20
minutes before... I responded to that like any good politician, "I have no
recollection of that senator" :) He had to let me go. I was really lucky.

Had I been caught, I would have been arrested and lost my license for three
years. Driving fast is a whole lot of fun, but I am going to save most of it
for the track... call it a lesson learned. I would be curious if anybody on
the list has been caught for something like this and how bad the punishment
was...

David Koretz
'90 300Z now in 300Z heaven, but greatly missed
'93 325i driven with slightly more intelligence