passenger window problem

Hey folks.  Got another problem/ question for the collective wisdom.
Seems that the passenger window on my '93 325 IS (2-door) has quit the
little jog motion down when opening the door.  It is currently stuck in
the "up" position, so I at least the window ids sealed.  I assume there
is some kind of switch in the door handle or latch to signal the window
to move, but I can't figure out where it is.  The Haynes manual makes
some vague reference , but not clear on location or fix. If it is inside
the the latch on the interior of the door panel, how much disassembly is
necessary to get to it? Window rails, etc?  Or is this a hassle better
left to the (cringe)  dealer?  TIA!   Ken