<E30><MISC> re: traction!

Renato Gravato asks
>I've been having this problem ever since I've owned this car, if it even is
>a problem.  I'm not sure on the actual specs are but what is the avg. weight
>of the backend of an 87 E30?  Whenever it rains my tail just whips out.  I
>know you may think I'm driving to fast but that's definitely not the case.
>I've tried various brands of tires but nothing seems to help.  The winter is
>right around the corner and snow tires don't even help.  Do I have something
>wrong?  Should I place sand bags or bricks into my trunk to gain some
>weight?  Any suggestions?

E30 weight is something like 52%front/48% rear.. ie: VERY WELL BALANCED

do you have autocross/ driving school experience ? if not, then
I would suggest *that* is what you should be spending money on to
cure the problem.

You may not be driving 'fast' but if you are applying the throttle at
the WRONG time it will definitely kick the rear end out very fast.

Also, do you have properly matched tires (ie all 4 tires are same brand)
and proper inflation ?

chris
'89 325i
'74 2002