<E36> Water pump replacement

My '94 318is has developed a small antifreeze leak.  It looks to me like
it is coming out of the water pump.  I suspect the water pump because
there are blue and white stains on the front of the engine behind the fan
pulley and a drop of antifreeze on a bolt head directly below the pulley.

How many Rolling Rocks for an experienced DIY'er to change the pump?
What gaskets will I need besides the pump gasket?  Are these pumps known
for early failures?  The car has only 23k miles on it.  The warranty ran
out last month of course.

I'm going to change my power steering fluid.  Is there some kind of filter
in the system that should be changed at the same time?  If so, where is it
and how do you change it.

Patiently waiting for Bentley to publish their E36 manual.

Thanks,
Jon Berry
BMWCCA #156427
'94 318is, sharked, bl/ss