So I over-reved my '95 M3...What now

I did the dreaded 3rd to 2nd shift a couple of weeks back (trying to go into
4th).  Motor made some bad noises.  Now it will not turn over and steam came
out.  Has anyone had any luck getting BMW to help them out with this issue
lately.  I am aware of the talk about the weak motor mounts on the '95 and
the shift gate possibly moving slightly during heavy acceleration and the
talk about that the E36 transmissions allow this bone-head too easily.  Any
help or info would be greatly appreciated.

Also has anyone seen any information on what it takes to put a Euro M3
engine in a US M3?
Has anyone done it?
Does anyone know about/have a use Euro engine?
I heard there was a write up in a recent Roundel.  I can not find it.

Thanks,

Todd