E36 suspension concern

Since I'm not satisfied with the handling of my 92 325is, and the fact that
the gaps between the tires and fenders are very possibly greater than that of
a Land Cruiser, I began the quest for lowering springs. Considering that I
drive on the worst roads imaginable, and I'm not quite willing to give up the
luxo ride, I first looked at purchasing M spec springs to use with my stock
shocks. These (I'm told) would be lower by about 3/4 of an inch, with a ride
slightly better than an M3, which I could happily live with. However, Bavarian
Autosport convinced me that a set of AC Schnitzer springs would be slightly
firmer than M springs (but still not ride as firm as an M3 with my higher
sidewalls). I was all set to order until I was told that my car will drop 1.25
inches. The fender gaps will look nice, but I'm worried about scraping the
nose.
Will the height be OK, or should I leave the ugly gaps and just get a set of
swaybars? Which will improve handling most?
Thanks!!

Matt
Matt6481@domain.elided
92 E36 325is