CA Radar

Since a couple of people asked: yes, the chippies do use radar now.  I
believe it was authorized concurrent with the 70mph speed limit.  It's us=
ed
throughout the state.  Local notices of its use are no longer required. =

There is a general notice just south of the Oregon border, and I presume
that such signs are also on other entrances to the state.

The nice Chippie that stopped me opened the conversation with: "I locked
you in at 79.  I had you at 80, but you slowed down before I could get yo=
locked in."  Although I was curious about the locked in stuff, I did not
ask under the circumstances.

Redding is a known area of intense enforcement.  My normal East Bay commu=
te
often runs at 80, so it did not seem real fast on the straight, lightly
traveled I-5 in Redding!

Brant