<WOB> Pfest II memories

Having undergone intensive rehab following Pfest II, and still a week behind
on the Digests ;-), some random visual images:

Night 1--Generous Georges:    truly amazing to meet some of the other bubbae
and netheads.   These are some **great** guys, including Kathy Lyle, who to
no one's surprise was the class of the field. (true, little competition
there  ;-)  I'm wondering who the dude in the Bad Boy Motorcycle boots
is--as DC pointed out was none other than Brett Anderson, Wacky Aussie
Mechanic, Misogynist and Chivas-o-phile.

End of evening:  Duane diggin' on me for drinking water towards the end of
the night, having just flown in from Denver and being awake for 22 hours.
He's grinning insanely at me, saying "This is my third one!"  (ie third 32
oz beer).  Next day at the autoX-- Me:   "yeeeeehaaaaaaa, let's go
autocross".  Duane:  "ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh my achin' head <groan>".

Day 1 Rosecroft Raceway.    Hey, this autoX stuff is fun--driving
Bambislayer, courtesy of the World's Most Generous Bimwad (DC), in my second
autocross ever, get down at end at the day to 60.5 sec.   'Course the cones
were set by the talented Rafael, Woody, and LaSalle for neophytes like me.
(zooom-->turn-->zoom-->turn, repeat).

Horse track for dinner--these people are nuts!  screaming at the monitors
covering the race like their lives depended on it.    Whacko's, but a great
dinner.

NASCAR slick track--funniest thing was watching Frank Massaro, who's a kewl
dude, go backwards at least 33% of the time. . .  Duane and Frank holding up
the entire field in their slow cars, pulling the train of the entire rest of
the field.  I laughed so hard I thought I had ruptured an internal organ.
Way to be Bikesh for getting this sponsored by Rolling Rock!

Rally over some great roads to Hooters.  Duane and I would have won handily
except we didn't know squat about BMW's!   e.g. Questions were like:  What
was the difference between an 89 325i and a '90?    Duane: "Beats the shit
out of me!"  Keith:  "Who cares??"    Next question, please!

Summit Point-- take home point:  Never drive someone else's car at a new
track in cool slippery weather, as it was in the morning.  Too
nerve-wracking.  Day dried out nicely and by end of the day I was really
enjoying myself.  Revelation:  best mod you can do to a E36 M3 is
suspension--take out the understeer and quicken the turn-in.  Power is fine
any way you do it.

<sycophantic plug coming> Real hero of P'fest II IMHO was Duane, who
conceived the event, planned it, got all the prizes donated, ran it, and
made it all fun.   Thanks Duane!  You are NOT right but you're a hell of a
guy.  ;-)

All in all one of the best times I've ever had as an "adult".   Bimwad
heaven.

Keith
Denver
95 M3
Pfest III Goes West, coming soon!

ps Show of hands, please:  Who would be interested in doing Pfest III in
spring '99, either in  Las Vegas, Colorado, or some other western venue??