re: speeding tickets

I've been driving for a year and a half now and i've gotten one ticket.
I was driving my mom's brand new Camry by myself and having a bit too much
fun, apparently.  At any rate, I was clocked at 56 in a 35 zone. The
officer was exceedingly rude and searched my car illegally.  However, he
had every right to think I was drunk (I was just really scared and upset)
I even got to do all the sobriety tests!  = ) which i passed, needless to
say.  In Kentucky, every driver can go to traffic school once per two
years, and have whatever violation erased from their record.  The
insurance company doesn't change your rates, as the info is not available
to them (as far as i know).  I don't understand why more people on this
list don't take advantage of that option.  Perhaps it's not available in
other states? I think I've determined some fairly safe assumptions about
speeding though.
- --It's typically very safe to go up to 10 mph over the speed limit
  without being pulled over.
- --*Always* going 10 over is a bad idea.  Unless you're familiar with the
  road and it's defects, the speed limit or below is in order.  They're
  not always arbitrary.
- --If you're speeding in a pack, the first car that gets clocked gets
  pulled over, even if you're all going the same speed.
- --Speed traps are usually set up in predictable places (not necessarily
  obvious, just predictable).
- --Indiana enforcment peoples have *no* scruples and will use any unmarked
  car from a camaro to a bonneville to an old dirty mustang to nab
  someone.
- --It pays to be familiar with the speeding laws in your area.  Some
  places, the first tier for fines for speeding end at 10mph over,
  sometimes it's 15.  Police officers seem to wait for someone to come
  along in the second tier.
- --People who speed are often the most attentive drivers on the road.  The
  ones who have their cruise set at 65 are often the ones who want to take
  a nap at the wheel and don't want to worry about having to stay alert to
  watch out for cops.
- --Being female isn't an advantage when you get pulled over.
- --Inconspicuous cars are good.  Inconspicuous driving is much better.
These are just my observations of course, and relatively speaking I'm
inexperienced.  Personally I think the big problem with disrespect for
police officers today is due to their presence as speed enforcers.  I find
most people resent that role and the officer's image is damaged because of
it.  But that's just me.

Have a lovely day!
Alix