speeding tickets

I've been issued 11 tickets in the past year, ranging from four (yes,
four) miles an hour over the limit, to 26 miles an hour over the
limit.  The last one happened at 1:00 am on a four lane interstate
highway...the cop was the only other car I saw for more than an hour.
but he still gave me a ticket for 81 in a 55.  In total, I've shelled
out over $900 dollars in fines, and court costs, but I only have three
points on my lisence and my insurance for the YEAR is less than $550.

NONE of these tickets were given to me while driving my bimmer, but
all were given to me in my rusty old 82 vw rabbit. (audi 2.0 powered ~
160 hp) Go figure.   I'm just happy that I have some lawyer friends,
and that all but three tickets were issued in neighboring states that
don't share info.

I drive my bimmer just as fast, but have yet to be stopped in it.  I
don't know how to explain it...kind of blows holes in the theory about
the nicer car gets more radar attention...