Re: Track safety recommendation

>From: "Marc S. Edwards" <marce@domain.elided>
>I have a safety recommendation:
>
>Communication from instructor to student is very important, >especially
ongoing communication on the track. In order to optimize >this I think
that it is important that all student/instructor pairs >have some sort
of communication device beyond shouting. I do not know >what other
experiences out there are. In my experience, every >instructor that I
have had at every school has had some sort of >device whereby student
and instructor could speak with each other >using microphones and ear
pieces connected through a central >amplifier/volume controller/battery
pack. This is not an expensive >proposition. These devices can be had
for around 50-100$. That is >cheap against new pads/rotors/tires, and
sheet metal.

>I would like to suggest that this is a requirement at a drivers
>school, not just a convenience.

Here in the Rocky Mountain Chapter, each instructor is given a portable
motorcycle intercom system.  You stick the earphone part in your helmet
next to your ear and put the microphone near your mouth.  Works great,
no shouting!

I kind of thought that each BMW CCA sanctioned school would have them,
but I think I am wrong.

Andy Peavy
91 535i
email: m5wannab@domain.elided