Re: Duane's DUI question

How many cars can an officer see if they are driving along at the speed
limit? Maybe 10 or 20 tops.  Presumably everyone will follow suit and
form a wall behind the cop--we've ALL seen this happen.  Depending on
how long the cop stays on that stretch of highway and how heavy traffic
is at that time that wall of congestion could get pretty huge and
probably start to boil road ragers' blood because they don't know what
the hold up is and remain frustrated even after they leave the
interstate and who knows what they'll do when they get home, work, etc.

If however that cop stakes out on the side of the highway maybe along a
problem prone stretch that same cop will monitor and presumably
intimidate into behaving hundreds of motorists per hour.  Can you see
the difference?  Ten cars obeying and a wall of impatience forming OR
hundreds of cars obeying along a certain stretch that the police have
determined to be nasty.

Besides, if our BMW's are so good what's the hurry to get somewhere?
Just leave early.  On top of that, highways are boring, straight, and
generally hill-less roads that offer no pleasure unless you're going
over 120mph(that's how fast you'd go to feel excited).  Don't speed too
much...

Dan
Fast 325i, driven patiently off the track

End of bmw-digest V9 #326