Snow Tires

Time for the annual snow tire debate! I prefer the Hakkas myself - they last
forever, have excellent grip on dry pavement and really go through snow. It
seems Blizzaks are very good on ice but arent very effective after two
seasons. Even Bridgestone acknowledges that.

As for sizes, everything I've read says use a narrow tire to dig down into
the snow. Wider tires tend to ride up over the snow. On dry pavement they
might be better, but not in deep snow. So, it depends on how serious you
want to be (or need to be ) about winter traction.