`99 M3

Greetings BMW enthusiasts!
I am curious if anyone knows if the `99 E36 M3 with a production date
after January `99 will be any different than the `99 models produced in
`98.  I am looking at a `99 M3, built in September `98 but I heard a
rumor that next year dual exhaust's similar to the M coupe will be
standard fare.  Also, I read that the `99 models will have a production
number stamped somewhere on the car, commemorating the final year for
the E36 M3.  Can anyone clarify?  Responses may be posted on the Digest
or respond directly at hhassan001@domain.elided

Respectfully,

Hassan
St. Louis, MO