Re: No-odor

On Tue, 13 Oct 1998, Mudry, Robert (CAP, AMR) wrote:

> "No odor" next time I'm at K-Mart or Walmart.  I've been smelling the musty
> odors for a couple of months now wondering if it's the car or my socks.  I'd
> be also curious how long is this solution good for.  Please let us know!  I

 Once your car is de-odorized, you might consider taking steps to
prevent its reoccurence.  When you turn off the AC, the cold coils
collect moisture for a short time until they warm up.  If this
moisture lingers, stuff can grow.  I always turn the AC off and the
fan on high shortly before I leave the car.
 Yes, it's slightly less comfortable to have that humid air blowing on
you for a minute, but with the system dried out each time, the odor
doesn't get a chance to gain a foothold.  It works for me.

- --
  John Bolhuis    | These are no ordinary monkeys --
 bolhuijo         | these are mean, spiteful, butt-biting
  @domain.elided   | monkeys with an obvious mission: conquest.
                                        -tabloid.net