Re: No-odor

Teodoro Jimenez shares important piece of information with us:

<<<I found the odor solution!! Just wanted to say thank-you for your
way I got rid of the odor was to spray "no odor" (got this from K-Mart) it
was suggested to me by a detailing company. The one thing that you have to
remember when you spray the "no odor" is to have the vent on (don't put it
on full blast-it sprays back on to you), set the blower to the lowest speed
and spray away. I sprayed a good 20 secs. in each vent and then turned off
the vent and let it sit overnight and the smell was gone the next day. This
works because another "door" opens up in the ventilation system that
actually houses the bacteria that is causing the odor. Barrett, I tried
asking the BMW guys your method but they wouldn't do it without a payment.
Hopefully your BMW guys are a lot nicer. Regards,
Teo Jimenez
97 328i, Gonna get sharked soon!!>>>

Oh my Gawd!!!!

I finally read a post that was actually useful and I can use on my car!
Hurray for the list after all...   Thank you, thank you, Teo for sharing
this information with the list and making my day.  I'm gonna look for the
"No odor" next time I'm at K-Mart or Walmart.  I've been smelling the musty
odors for a couple of months now wondering if it's the car or my socks.  I'd
be also curious how long is this solution good for.  Please let us know!  I
actually bought a new micro-filter but haven't had time to install it.  Has
anyone done it on the 328is?  Is it different from older E36's?

Also, keep us informed on sharking process!

Cheers!

Rob Mudry
'96 328is
BMW CCA #135536, NCC