RE: Value of 1991 325i??

> I need a few opinions as to the value of a used 1991 325i  2 door.  It
> has a 5 speed, leather interior and 70,000 miles.

	If it is indeed 325_i_, the interior is most likely leatherette, not
leather. You don't have to take care of leatherette as you would with
leather, but on a hot day it will stick to your butt even worse then leather
(this is where cloth seats rule). Unless, of course, BMW threw in leather
seats into the last 325i E30 model year (it did just that with OBC, fog
lights and the silly trunk spoiler). In which case those probably should be
sports 'is' seats...

> (Not that it matters, but it is red, my favorite color for that body
> style) I'd really like to buy it but I don't want to pay too much
> for it.  The Kelly Blue Book says $11,500 but I think they are always
> a little high.

	I prefer Edmunds (www.edmunds.com). I used Edmunds print outs twice
to lower dealership prices. Edmunds shows '91 325i listed as:
Trade-In $6,365
Market   $8,720
	With mileage adjustment +$1,590 (Add 6 cents for every mile below
96,500 mi), it becomes:
Trade-In $7,955
Market  $10,310

	$11.5K is too much any way you look at it.

> The car seems to be in good condition, only needing a
> few minor repairs. (has new tires)  What would be a fair price to
> offer for a car like this?  Thanks for any opinions.

	Don't forget to take the car to and independent mechanic and
subtract parts+labor cost of fixing all the problems that the mechanic will
find.

good luck,
alex