<E36> Profile Gasket Strikes Again!

I'm a new member to the digest.  My '93 318is has developed a coolant leak
within the last two days that is pretty severe.  This morning, I jacked the
car, climbed underneath, started the car, and got a pretty good 'drip rate'
below the air conditioning compressor.  Figuring it was actually coming from
above the compressor, I positioned a mirror in the engine compartment,
between the right wheel wheel and the engine (looking up and towards the
front of the car) and can see the source of the leak....a gasket.  Can I
assume this is the profile gasket I've heard so many bad things about?  It's
definitely not the water pump.

Steve Sharpe
Boise, Idaho