<All> 93V-015 service recall notice

KUDOS to Evan Arnerich for bringing this to the attention of the digest.  I
almost missed it buried amongst all the Honda-Age-Whining-Bitching-Pissing-and
Moaning that has consumed much of the digest recently.

I checked with the dealer and sure enough my 87 325is is on the list for this
recall.  As previously mentioned, the recall(93V-015) covers a potentially
harmful coolant system defect whereby hot steam could enter the passenger
compartment burning its occupants.  I know this is not nearly as important as
the 1/4 mile stats of a friggin honda, but I am curious if anyone has first hand
knowledge of this type of failure actually occurring??  Also, any idea why I was
not notified by BMW? I am the 2nd owner, bought in 92 from the very same dealer
that sold it new.  Anyway, I will be taking it to the dealer ASAP for the
service.  Just seems odd that we have not heard more of this on the digest.
Well, maybe we have, but were too busy with other more important topics.

Ron Milliet
McComb, MS