e30 central lock

.  2) It's a fairly
>complex job to get all those parts in exactly the right place.  The
>directions are auf Deutsch and not very helpful even when translated.
>Only you can judge for yourself by looking at the old lock cylinder
>whether or not you would feel comfortable assembling one of them.
>
>- --
>  John Bolhuis    | These are no ordinary monkeys --
> bolhuijo         | these are mean, spiteful, butt-biting
>  @domain.elided   | monkeys with an obvious mission: conquest.
>                                        -tabloid.net

Damn you stopped me right in my tracks, i was going to go get the cylinder
tonight. Does putting in the lock cylinder require expertise or would a
mechanic fool around for hours trying to fix it just like the way I will. I
would like to do it myself but if a Tech can do it in an hour I would
rather pay and not waste a Saturday. I had the patience to replace SI
batteries how would this compare?

Dave L