Re: e30 Central lock

On Tue, 13 Oct 1998, David Lacroque - ColorImage wrote:

> I have searched the web and found great information concerning the central
> locking system in my 87 325 but I am still unable to resolve my problem.
> The door lock on my drivers side door can not be locked with the key. If I

 Those mechanisms do bend and start working badly.  You may want to
remove the lock cylinder from the door and visually check it for
damage.  While it's out, check the lock operation inside the door.
 If you want, you may buy a new lock cylinder from your dealer - you
put it together so your own key fits it.  There are 2 possible
problems with this approach: 1) there's a sticker on the bag o' parts
that says your dealer should not sell it to you, the end user.  Your
dealer may not sell it to you if he's a dork.  2) It's a fairly
complex job to get all those parts in exactly the right place.  The
directions are auf Deutsch and not very helpful even when translated.
Only you can judge for yourself by looking at the old lock cylinder
whether or not you would feel comfortable assembling one of them.

- --
  John Bolhuis    | These are no ordinary monkeys --
 bolhuijo         | these are mean, spiteful, butt-biting
  @domain.elided   | monkeys with an obvious mission: conquest.
                                        -tabloid.net