Re: E28 brake job

On Mon, 12 Oct 1998, Jerry Chyo wrote:

> If you have the ducks, replace your rubber brake lines with some braided
> steel DOT ones.  Around another $100.  Also use DOT 5 fluid...and make sure
> the old fluid is all gone.  DOT 3 and DOT 5 don't like each other.

 The manual for my E28 sez to use DOT 4 brake fluid.  With fluid
incompatibilities out there, I would think you would do yourself a
favor by checking your owners manual for the right stuff.  Am I right
here, or is there some brake juice upgrade club?

- --
  John Bolhuis    | These are no ordinary monkeys --
 bolhuijo         | these are mean, spiteful, butt-biting
  @domain.elided   | monkeys with an obvious mission: conquest.
                                        -tabloid.net