Re: e30 Central lock

I lock cylinder rebuild kit is available from the dealer
(about $40, if I remember correctly).  I went this route for
the same reason ... I did not want to have a different key
just for the driver's door.   According to BMW, an already
keyed cylinder is not available for this year model anymore
(they apparently only make matching keyed cylinders for a few
years, then you have to rebuild it yourself).

The rebuild kit has all the parts to make a new lock cylinder
for matching any existing tumbler combination.  When you
build the new one, you use your existing one as a "model".

You have not exactly said what the problem, i.e., does the
key not turn in the cylinder?  Does the lock motor not function,
or is the lock motor operating properly?  Manually moving the
lock motor linkage should actuate the locks, as if done via the
normal key movement.

Norm

David Lacroque - ColorImage wrote:

> I have searched the web and found great information concerning the central
> locking system in my 87 325 but I am still unable to resolve my problem.
> The door lock on my drivers side door can not be locked with the key. If I
> lock the car from the other door or the truck all locks do lock, so I know
> the lock motor on the drivers door does work. I can also unlock all the
> doors from the drivers side door. The panel is removed and I have tried
> repositoning the lock motor but this does not seem to help. When I turn the
> key I can see the spring move down but it does not feel or look right at
> all. Has any one out there fixed a lock on an e30 before? I would like to
> rebuild it or repair to avoid the installation of a new lock with a
> different key.
>
> Dave Larocque
> 87 325 "325E, fast enough for ME"

- --
***  Remove "nospam-" from address when responding via email  ***