e30 Central lock

I have searched the web and found great information concerning the central
locking system in my 87 325 but I am still unable to resolve my problem.
The door lock on my drivers side door can not be locked with the key. If I
lock the car from the other door or the truck all locks do lock, so I know
the lock motor on the drivers door does work. I can also unlock all the
doors from the drivers side door. The panel is removed and I have tried
repositoning the lock motor but this does not seem to help. When I turn the
key I can see the spring move down but it does not feel or look right at
all. Has any one out there fixed a lock on an e30 before? I would like to
rebuild it or repair to avoid the installation of a new lock with a
different key.

Dave Larocque
87 325 "325E, fast enough for ME"