Duane's DUI Question

I can only speak to California law, Duane.  There are actually two vehicle
code sections that cover DUI.  One is driving with a BAC (blood alcohol
content) of .08 or greater.  This is what people usually think of when they
hear "DUI".

The second is driving under the influence of alcohol.  This is kind of like
a catch all for drinking and driving violations.  It is just as it sounds.
A person may not be driving with a BAC of .08 or greater but their driving
may be so impaired, that they may be arrested for driving under the
influence anyway.  Of course I understand, that there are so many naturally
crappy drivers out there, this poor driving may have nothing to do alcohol!
(ok that was a joke).

Now, is it bothered with?  Tough to say.  It isn't by me, because I have
more important things to do than try to write a convincing report on why I
think this person should go to jail and lose their driving privilege.

PS, you will be glad to know, that I only give about one citation for every
10 cars I stop.  Those usually talk themselves into it, or pull a boner of
a move that deserves a ticket.  Look at it this way, you ever have someone
do something lame while in traffic and think to yourself, "damn ifI was a
cop I'd..."  He he he....well I don't just get to think it!

John
not a tax collector, but a stupidity referee