re: M roadster/coupes-Fix for Flat tires

Jeff writes:
>Since the M roadsters and coupes do not come with a spare tire, does
>anyone know anything about the "M Mobility System" described on pages
>157-160 of the Owner's manual? It appears to be system that uses a
>sealant to temporarily fix the flat.

>When I went to look at mine it wasn't there, and my dealer is telling me
>that M roadsters/coupes don't come with it and that if you get a flat
>you have to call BMW roadside assistance.  Sounds totally unreasonable;
>is BMW concerned about Product Liability?  Does anyone have experience
>with a flat on an M Z3?

>Jeff Charles
>'73 CS
>'95 318ti
>'99 M coupe

Jeff,

BMW NA is working on an improved M mobility system and will ship it to
owners when it is ready.  There was a problem with the first system that
raised liability concerns.  In the meantime, carry a can of Fix-a-Flat in
your trunk and you should not have to call roadside assistance unless you
get a major blowout.

Michael Greto
BMW CCA-Everglades Chapter
'98 ///M Roadster