I found the odor solution!!

     Just wanted to say thank-you for your responses and suggestions on how
     to clear up the odor from the vents.
     The way I got rid of the odor was to spray "no odor" (got this from
     K-Mart) it was suggested to me by a detailing company.  The one thing
     that you have to remember when you spray the "no odor" is to have the
     vent on (don't put it on full blast-it sprays back on to you), set the
     blower to the lowest speed and spray away.  I sprayed a good 20 secs.
     in each vent and then turned off the vent and let it sit overnight and
     the smell was gone the next day.  This works because another "door"
     opens up in the ventilation system that actually houses the bacteria
     that is causing the odor.

     Barrett, I tried asking the BMW guys your method but they wouldn't do
     it without a payment.  Hopefully your BMW guys are a lot nicer.

     Regards,

     Teo Jimenez
     97 328i, Gonna get sharked soon!!