E28 brake job

A friend and I (he has an 88 535isa) are going to replace the pads and
rotors on each of our E28's. Need help with the following general
questions:

1. What about the wheel bearings? Are they replaceable or repackable?
2. Best mail order deals on rotors/pads? The roundel lists so many choices,
I'd like to hear from fellow netters. Also, any parts or dealers I should
stay away from? Dealer lurkers (you, Steve G), feel free to submit email
prices and availability.
3.Any other thoughts on easy things to do while we replace the brakes?
Obviously, a fluid flush is in the works. I'd love to hear from netters on
a cheap and easy bleeding method/parts.

It seems like a straight-forward job, plus I have a factory repair manual.
If it's any more difficult, do advise.

Thanks in advance!

- -Dave Green
86 535i