Re:<E36> Snorkel Intake May not Work

Aha! Bernoulli (sp?) principle at work.  I did learn something from the =
Science Guy!

Let's see if I recall the details correctly.  Higher airflow over a =
surface creates a low pressure zone over the surface resulting in lift as =
in an airplane wing.  This is how an atomizer (for perfume) works.

Any AE (aerospace engineer) care to elaborate more?

- ----
anthony
95 ///M3

>>>Clint Huff <bikepro@domain.elided> wrote:
The snorkel is sucking air out of the air box, rather
than=20
providing additional air.  Here's how to test this:

Remove the air box, leaving the snorkel installed.  Use a leaf blower to
blow air
through the brake duct.  Hold a small piece of paper at the top of the
snorkel tube
where it enters the air box.  When you release the paper, it will be =
sucked
into the
snorkel, and out the back of the brake duct. =20