Re: <E28> Parking lights

> I HAVE AN 87 528.  ON THE FRONT BUMPER, THERE ARE FOUR ORANGE LENSES(2 IN
> THE FRONT AND 2 ON THE SIDE.)  WHEN I TURN ON THE BLINKERS , THE ONE OF THE
> FRONT ONES BLINK.  IS THERE ANY WAY TO MAKE THE SIDE ONES BLINK? IF YES,
> HOW?

First off, for the collective sanity and prevention of future verbal
floggings, turn off the Caps Lock.

On to your question - Jim Cash posted this a while back. I've done it on
my car, and it works. I can't find the actual post, but here's a
synopsis:

1. Find the ground (brown) wires for the side markers and trace them
back to the body ground point. Cut them at the connection to the body.

2. Find the hot wires that feed the front markers. These may be blue/red
on the left side, blue/black on the right, but confirm by checking at
the light. They are in the main wire harness inside the fenders. Don't
cut them, but strip a short length of insulation from each.

3. Solder the ground wires you cut to the appropriate side's hot wire
and tape everything up.

Jim explained all the electrical theory behind how this works, but it is
beyond my capabilities to repeat it. Suffice it to say it works.

- --
- -AEG

Just because you're not paranoid doesn't mean they aren't out to get
you.