Re: Age Discrimination @ Habberstad BMW

Unfortunately, I know this problem all to well.  My employer sponsored a
negotiation seminar.  After the course was over I spent some time with the
instructor.  I told the instructor I had problems with people not taking me
seriously because I looked so young.

He suggested the following:
1.  When shopping, openly display a checkbook or some other signal to
indicate to others that I was a serious buyer and not just browsing.
2.  Use other peoples stereotypes to yours advantage.  Do your homework
before negotiating.  If the salesman thinks your a kid, prove to him that he
has underestimated you.  This will improve your negotiating position.

- - Bryan