Re: Age discrimination

In a message dated 10/11/98 2:19:15 AM Pacific Daylight Time, owner-bmw-
digest@domain.elided writes:

<<  The
 only thing that I can figure is that we were treated poorly due to our age.
  We're both in our early twenties.  I can't believe that a salesperson
 would deal with customers in this fashion.  >>
Douglas,
Unfortunately, I must say that I know how you feel.  Just recently purchasing
an M3, when my wife and I were at the dealership the first time, we were all
over the car we wanted and did not recieve ANY help.  So, we left and she
almost got her way and got the T-5.  I decided to give them one last chance,
so I called and basically set up everything over the phone.  That way, they
really cant discriminate by age, as I am only 26.  Wow, were things so much
easier after that.  Went in, drove it, wife loved it, bought it.  Done.  I
will always do my shopping over the phone from now on.  I also did my homework
and stole the M3 for 1k over cost.  Good luck.
Dave
98 M3/4