<RE> Age Discrimination @ Habberstad BMW

I went through that same experience you went through, although it wasn't =
at Habberstad BMW, my experience was at Bramman BMW.

Funny, I saw a good ad in 9/6/96 (I know long time) for a 95 325iA coupe =
for a good price and low mileage, went to check it out, it was still =
there, and right there wanted to buy it. I went inside look for a =
salesperson to check out that 325 and wanted to negotiate the deal.

And they asked me how may we help you, yes I would like to take a look =
at that 95 325, oh that one, cool, let me get you the used sales person =
guy. Gee thanks was going through my head, I'm sorry to get a used BMW =
and not get a new one, that was bad treatment here, but oh well, I was =
excited to get that car. The sales person got to me, looked at me =
(actually gave me a stare down) and told me he was busy, and asked me to =
give him 10 min, I go sure, no problem, so I stood outside and waited in =
front of the 95 325, immaculate condition might I add. And then I =
noticed that more than 10 min passed by and asked for that "used car" =
sales guy, and they told me that he went to eat lunch. THAT's pure =
bullsh*t. Why does this freaking sales guy does this kind of crap??

Oh well, so I decided to look again at the used car section *BMW of =
course* and found another good car, but this one was at South Motors =
BMW, cool I said, anyone but Bramman BMW, so I called first to make sure =
the 93 325i was still there, when I asked about that BMW, they asked me =
to hold 3 sec to get to that sales person *not again...on the phone?* =
and a sales person asked how was my day *shocked*, asked my name, and =
would I like to HOLD that BMW for me to see? *almost having a heart =
seizure* I told him sure. And when I got there, I looked for the 93 325 =
and he was there standing next to it. and when I approached to him and =
the car, he asked me if I was Reynaldo, I go yes, he smiles and asked =
again how was my day *getting ready to get a heart attack* and he told =
me this and that about the car, told me the price, how I can finance it. =
Totally good experience....

For a moment I thought he needed glasses because I thought that he =
thinks that I was an adult while I was only 17 at time of purchase. The =
only reason I got the car, because I got the down payment on my hands (2 =
nice amount cashiers check).

Anyways, the thing I'm trying to say is that you can't tell whether that =
a kid or an adult has money, heck, for all I know and care I drove a =
better car than some adult. You see what happened here? If THAT guy at =
Bramman BMW treated me a little better, maybe or he could have gotten =
the sale of that 95 325.

And of course after buying the 93 325 from South Motors, I asked him to =
please gimme a nice little "South Motors BMW" license tag in the back, =
he said sure, I slapped it on and of course I did what anyone would do =
after my experience, I drove to Bramman BMW and parked it in front of =
everyone in the used car sales and look for the guy and told him *quite =
loud I remember* "These knows how to treat people and sell cars" then I =
drove off laughing and I couldn't imagine his face or what he was going =
through...

- --
Reynaldo Tong
93 325iA/4