Re:<WOB>Car Bashing

OOO, a subject I love.

Sarcasm Follows:

To all those of you who think car bashing is a bad, bad thing:
This is a BMW list, subscribed to by those who love BMWs and what they do.
I would suspect that most of us are BMW fanatics when it comes to automotive
"stuff" and as such, I think we have every right as a collective group to
make fun of, ridicule and bash the hell out of any other car make we see
fit, just for the fun of it.  Yes, Hondas are nice and all, but there not
BMWs.  You can throw turbos, NOS, rockets or plasma propulsion systems on it
and it could go lightspeed, but when all is said and done, you still have
yourself a Honda, a great car for the money, but it isn't a BMW.
Unfortunately, the overwhelming number of Honda "Performance enthusiasts"
also feel the need to make there cars look really, really stupid... Of
course, that's there right, but it is also my right to laugh my ass off at
them and there whimsical looking cartoon cars.
But all in all, what is so bad about making fun of cars?  Are we so PC on
this list that we might be afraid of hurting the feelings of Honda Motor
Company?  Plenty of people make fun of BMWs in this world, and let's all
face it, as a collective group, I think BMW owners have the worst image out
there.  Most people on the road see a person driving a BMW and think that
were a bunch of rich, stuck up, inattentive (to the point of being reckless)
cell phone yuppies who speed around and don't care about anyone else on the
road.  Ever listen to a traffic report on a rock station (or any radio
station with a sense of humor)?  Listen for the "And we killed another BMW
on the 880 maze this morning!!!" kind of comments.  People love making fun
of BMWs, mostly because they don't have the money (or the creative financing
skills) to own one.  So, as far as I am concerned, if we want to give
Hondas, Porsches, Yugos or 320s a good natured ribbing, go for it.  It's all
in the name of good fun.  As I said in a post long, long ago; I don't see
how some people on this list survive in the real world.  This is JUST TEXT
ON A SCREEN.  Don't take it too seriously.  You should spend less time
concerned with the rambling on this list and ask yourself what it is about
your life that makes you care so much as to complain about bits and pixels
on a computer screen.  Hell, there isn't a "Page Down" button in real life,
so learn to use it on here if you can and shut up with the whining.

Greg "It's all fun and games, till someone gets hurt. Then it's just fun"
Koenig
Der Dinanstein Pilot
Going 110 in a school zone,
cell phone in hand,
tossing half filled styrofome cups out the window
and giving pedestrians the finger
with my fog lights on during the day.
BMW CCA GGC, SFR SCCA, NMA

End Sarcasm

P.S.
I will even bash BMWs: THE M COUPE LOOKS LIKE A SHOE!!!