Re: <e30> another request for tire advice

Brandon,

I just replaced the tires on my 325e (previous owner had Cooper tires on my
car too...maybe they were smoking the same stuff!).  I put Yoko Avid H4
tires on the car.  I am in Cleveland where we get a good mix of weather.  I
wanted a tire with good wet, dry and snow traction.  The wet and dry are
really good with these tires.  I am very happy.  I haven't seen the winter
months yet to say how they are in the snow.  A friend of mine had these on
his 325e for a few years and said that he was very happy with them in the
snow.  Hope this helps.  I think all the tires you listed are more
performance oriented and wouldn't be very good as soon as the white stuff
falls in Boston, which it will.  The Avid H4 is an H-rated tire.  Good luck.

Louie Rendek
1987 325e 133k miles
BMWCCA #144328
Case Western Reserve Univ.