<E36>318 Exhaust Tip Modifications

Anyone in the DC area aware of a really good custom exhaust shop?  I would
like to have twin-exhaust tips on my stock muffler, but not willing to
remove the stock muffler as A) Its in fine condition and B)A review of the
FAQ's on the Unofficial E36 Home Page doesn't reveal a clear cut aftermarket
replacement cat-back exhaust that seems to command the several hundred $$$
that they cost.  And no, Im not in the market to make major
intake/chip/exhaust mods at this time.  So, with that in mind, I've given
thought to modifying the single tip to a double tip.  Maybe cut off 50/60%
of the current single tip, so that a high-quality 2-into1 tip can be
installed, yet not stick out too far? Again, not looking ot install
Trak-Auto or Pep Boys chrome extensions on, but hopefully something in a
nice low gloss stainless steel,  Any E36 318 owners have any experience?

TIA

Ron Browne
1992 318is
Bowie, MD