PF2- Another Take on the fun (Long)

Greetings, Digesters....

WOW!  We had *more* fun than I imagined possible.

I need to apologize first to all the folks who replied to my post
about E28 dashes.  The last week or so before PF2 got kind of busy,
sorry I haven't replied with thanks yet.

On to the main event:

Generous George's Pizza was awesome.  Like others mentioned, it was
great to meet some long familiar names and connect a face and a
big-assed grin (PF2 Standard Issue).

Hats off to Rafael, the autocross was great, but my performance
wasn't.  My course walk wasn't worth a damn as I walked it blabbering
with several PF2ers, and I spent my first 3 runs murdering cones, the
third run taking out a good 5-6 pointer cones.

The atmosphere of fun was all-pervasive.  I never stopped laughing
during the 5-man runs in Bikesh's bus.  We still beat my best time,
and the fun runs Duane let me do in Bambislayer were great fun, and
all on course for a change.

Bubba Curt snuck a few of of in on a behind the scenes tour at
Rosecroft up to the control room where they run the race video, photo
finishes, etc.

The NASCAR carts were a ball.  The incredible gesture of futility in
the course worker's admonition of "No Bumping" was just about
*completely* ignored.  During the race, my slow P.O.S. car literally
had the wheel knocked off of it (broken studs and all) from me getting
spun so many times.  My now-famous blocking technique was about the
only way I could fight back and stand up for myself!  Hey....y'all
*had* the point, it ain't my fault ya didn't use it!

Woody did a great job on the rally, with me and Jon VanHouten having a
good time along the way.  Hooters was...Hooters, and then we went to
Dave and Busters for some virtual racing.

Summit Point was a day with both highs and lows.  The track was wet
early in the day, which made for some great learning, with my rear and
coming loose (and recovering) on the way out of 10, and a another
nameless Digester spinning in the same place right in front of me. I
got signed off for Solo/ Seat Time.  My first track sessions without
an instructor were kinda weird, as all my previous track experience
had been with instructors in the car.

All my sessions were uneventful....for me.  We had three OTEs, with
Kathy Lyle's brakes dying on her at the end of the main straight, a
spin coming out of 10 into the water barrels, and a car of coming out
of three winding up in the woods with Duanegeous riding shotgun.
Nobody hurt, thank goodness.  The carcass of OTE number 3 was too hung
up for the BSR wrecker to remove, and was highly visible as we drove
the track.  A great reminder to keep all four on the road and headed
in the right direction.

Brett Anderson got Kathy's car put back together with McGyver-like
prowess, changing a control arm, and aligning the front end with
string and rocks....He DA MAN!

Sorry so long, guys....Now we need to cool our heels for a while
before we start work on PF3!

Frank Massaro
BMW CCA Tarheel/ NCC
'92 325is