The damn chip debate - the legalities

Andy '95 M3 said:<br>
<i>P.S. as a matter of contract law, once an offer<br>
has been accepted it cannot be revoked. Offer +<br>
acceptance =3D legal, enforceable contact. Obviously<br>
not worth taking the chip seller to court over,<br>
but it just shows this is a societal norm (which<br>
pre-dates our country).=A0 <br>
</i>Well, that is true, but unfortunately James posting was not
technically an offer.&nbsp; Although I told him I wanted it at $200, the
law cannot help us here.&nbsp; His posting was a solicitation.&nbsp; Our
been an acceptance.<br>
The real attorneys (those getting paid to practice unlike me) can correct
me if I am wrong, but the principle is right I am sure.<br>
Now, in reality it sucks what he has done.&nbsp; And he still wants
$350.&nbsp; I will pay turner or Jim $300 or $400 not someone else.&nbsp;
He really has tarnished his reputation with this group.<br>
<BR>