Track safety (was: My new M3 & Sears Point)

>>From: Jim Bassett <jbassett@domain.elided>
>>The last two sessions on Sunday, I was really working hard, and was
>>very tired at the end of the day.
>

>To add to Duane's comments on track safety...
>
>Most incidents will happen in the afternoon.  As a driver, you need to
>stay very focused.  You will be tired from concentrating so hard and it
>will be easier to 'slip' near the end of the day.  Keep in mind that
>your car will also be tired.

I agree Andy.

I maybe should have written the staement a little more clearly: I was
tired at the end of the day *once I got home* (~40 miles drive home,
excitement/adreneline/giddyness :-) has worn off, unpacking the car, etc.)

I know you're weren't being critical, but I want to make sure no one got
the impression that I was driving tired.

Great advice, though, and it was mentioned by my instructor to be aware of
fatigue. And a couple people I know did in fact pass on their last session
because of being tired.

Cheers,
Jim