RE: Duane's comments on crash #3 and Mustang brakes

Mike writes:

> This is the sort of thing that I seeing more and more at the track and
> it's got to stop before someone really gets hurt.  The driver of the car
> being passed needs to lift off the throttle for a moment to let the
> other car by.  I've never been to an event run by the track so I don't
> know what they say at the drivers meetings, but at events run by BMW
> CCA, PCA, or Car Guys, it's made fairly clear that the driver that is
> being passed is to lift so that the other car can get by.  Failure to do
> so tends to lead to a black flag.  I've got some great video of  2 cars
> going into turn 10 at Summit Point side by side.  Both drivers were
> lucky in that case.  No one bent anything.
>
> The rule is simple:  If there's a car on your back bumper that was not
> there a lap ago, he/she is running faster laps than you.  Swallow your
> pride and let them by.  They will be gone in a couple of corners and
> will have left you in the dust.  Try to keep up with them, maybe you'll
> find out where you are going slower.....

I realize this is just a rant, and a general complaint, but I can tell you
that (at least in group 2) this was a pretty aware bunch of guys on the
track.  I guess when you're in the middle of the pack, you know enough to
keep out of trouble, but are not confident enough to do something really
stupid.  Then again... shit happens.  Anyway, I missed all the other fun,
but won't next time.  Hey, I promise to even show up with a BMW.  Everyone I
met demonstrated they were just "car guys".  Thanks to all the organizers.
Guess that will be construed as WOB...who cares?

Dave Roeschenthaler (the black...other import)