RE: Chip Flame Wars

As the #2 responder to the infamous "$200.00" Jim C chip (#1 responder
backed out), I was really disappointed when informed that the price had been
raised.  I can agree that the selling of an item that was donated may strike
some as crass and an affront to the donor; I also know that I was excited to
have the opportunity to get my hands on a near-legendary add-on such as the
aforementioned chip.  I was just as disappointed to get an e-mail informing
me that after my acceptance of the offer the price was nearly double, and
that my offer was no longer under consideration.

My position is that the chip was given away by Jim C in good faith, my offer
was in good faith and the response was, shall we say, not!  The individual
offering and then withdrawing the offer has to live with himself (and his
new bumper), as do I.  The big difference is that I will wait and get the
extra $ for the chip and be just as (maybe even more) thrilled, while the
"winner" will take his $$$ and be reminded of his duplicity every time he
looks at his bumper.  Sounds like a fair deal to me!  My only suggestion is
to let this drop -- it's not worth the WOB.

Bill
'88 535i UNCHIPPED, but not for long