RE ZYMOLED OUT!EVERYTHING YOU WANT TO KNOW ABOUT WAX

Michael Tarver gave us so much misinformation I can't even answer all of
it.  Just a sample:
>    Ok, here's the deal.  Zymol is a great wax comprised of anywhere
>between 30-50% Carnuba for the "cheap stuff" ($40-$100) and 50-70% pure
>Carnuba for the expensive stuff $200-$800.

Carbon and Cream are 33%+-.  Pure carnuaba is almost as hard as your teeth,
and certainly as hard as your fingernails.  No wax is pure carnauba.  The
largest size of Cream or Carbon (8oz) lists for $45 and will do over 30
cars.  (Larry sells it for less.)

>Obviously, there are softeners and oils in the wax to make application
>easier >but it is still alot like applying a candle to your cars.  There
>are techniques >that make the application of Zymol easy but it must be
>done by an experienced
>person by hand. ie-->using body temp or a hair-dryer to help melt the wax.

Not true.  Carbon and Cream are soft to the touch, go on easily and wipe
off with little effort.  Concours requires body warmth to apply and hands
are suggested applicators, which works fine for Cream and Carbon if you
want.  I personally don't like the Concours as much as the Carbon.

>P-21S melts at over 1000 degrees

This would make it like....what?  Steel?

>I can wax my M3 or
>325is in less than an hour using this after CLAYING the paint to get all
>the roadcrap off of the surface.  (CLAYING is SO unbelievably important
>to having a wax finish that will stand driving).

That's why clay is an ingredient of HD-Cleanse, but less rough on finishes.
The Claying process is used to remove overspray, it's fairly rough.  Use
only as needed.

>And, if you want the exact product that is Zymol HD CLENSE for 25% of the
>>price, buy Meguiars #7 show car glaze.  (no abrasive).

Not true again.  Even the smell test shows #3 is closer to HD but none are
exactly alike.  If you'd used them you'd know, and I use all of them.  Try
some HD with your fingers on particularly difficult flaws, including
discolorations, and it will work better than most anything else.

>ZYMOL is now owned by Turtle Wax which buys #7 from Meguiars and puts a
>scent >in it and rebottles it as HD CLENSE and quadruples the price.

What a bunch of bunk.  Turtle Wax and Zymol have a marketing arrangement
whereby Turtle Wax produces a lower line product and markets it using the
Zymol name.  Nothing to be proud of and none are even called waxes, since
they have less than 1% carnauba in them.  But it's just an arrangement to
capitalize on the lucrative detail market.  If the product comes from
Chicago, IL, it's Turtle Wax (or Zurtle wax as we've called it here
before).  If it comes from CT, it's the real deal.  What Chuck does to
besmirch his product's name for the sake of the big bucks is his business,
no matter how much we dislike it.

There are lots of other products out there that work great.  I personally
find nothing works as well on black or red paint as zymol Carbon.  I'll
happily show you two show winning BMW motorcycles that have had no repaint
on 30 year-old body work and have been completely rejuvinated and preserved
with just Zymol products.  And I have no commercial interest in these
products either.  I'm no longer in that business.

- -Phil Marx  BMWCCA #6021