RE: Dinan laptop

Flash memory is capable of over 100,000 write cycles, so if there is any
merit in the report of a 13 time limit in the DME flash, it is due to a
counter in the program, not a limit of the memory module.

How do I know this?  Well, I founded a hard disc drive manufacturing company
and ran it for 13 years, designed robotic (servo track writers) tooling and
generally did geeky things.

Now I am a humble high school teacher who helps kids learn to configure
Cisco routers (that have their flash erased and re-written countless times
per semester), design networks, build webpages, create manufacturing
processes and other techno stuff.

Happy trails...

Jan Nelson
82 745i