Rear mirror removal

Kendrick wrote:
> Is there a way to remove the interior rear mirror?  I am wondering whether
> the mirror arm is detachable from the circular base plate that is glued to
> the windshield.

Try this: grab the arm and rotate it clockwise about 90 degrees. Works
on my 318ti, I assume the other E36s have the same bayonet type mount.
It should move fairly easily. If you have to really force it, stop -
there may be a different mount on the 328 (although I doubt it). I often
remove mine for autocross as I sit up high and it blocks my view to the
right. Of course, that puts me in CSP. :-)
- --
Ron Katona